How do I become a contractor for Devon?

Devon does not pre-qualify contractors. In order to become a Devon contractor, you must be awarded work by Devon. If selected, you will be required to meet Devon's minimum qualification requirements which may include signing an agreement, providing insurance, and meeting Devon’s environmental, health and safety (EHS) requirements. Currently, Devon uses Veriforce to track EHS information.

How can I see if my company is already on Devon’s Approved Supplier List?

Please complete and submit a Contact Us Form.

How do I get a copy of my company’s agreement with Devon?

Please complete and submit a Contact Us Form. You may be required to provide proof of employment with your company before an agreement copy is released to you.

My company was previously approved, but I was informed that my company is now no longer approved to work for Devon. What do I need to do to get back to approved status?

Please complete and submit a Contact Us Form.

When will I get my vendor number?

Your vendor number will be assigned to you once you have completed the supplier qualification process.

How long does it take to be set up as an approved contractor?

It depends on how quickly you complete Devon’s requirements. If your company is not required to sign an agreement, provide insurance, or subscribe to Veriforce, then the average setup time is two to three business days. If your company is required to sign an agreement, provide insurance, or subscribe to Veriforce, then it takes approximately two to three weeks to be set up as an approved.

Can I work for Devon before I am approved?

No. It is Devon Policy to use only contractors that have completed the supplier qualification process and are approved.

How long do I have to return the necessary documents to become an approved supplier?

You should return all documents and complete all requirements as quickly as possible because you cannot perform work until this is accomplished. If we have not had any communication from you after thirty (30) days from the date the packet was sent to you, the request to set your company up will be closed.

How do I notify Devon of an address and/or remittance change?

Please complete a Contact Us Form to notify us of the changes.

How do I notify Devon of a company name change?

Please send notifications of your company's name and/or Federal Tax Identification Number change, on your company’s letterhead to:

Devon Energy Corporation
Attn: Procurement Administration
333 West Sheridan Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73102


Does Devon offer electronic payment options?

Yes. We prefer to pay all our contractors via direct deposit/ACH. ACH payment runs are made twice weekly (excluding company holidays) and are the fastest way for you to receive payment. To receive direct deposit/ACH payments, please fill out a Contact Us Form.

Does it cost anything to be set up to submit invoices electronically through Enverus Open Invoice?

There is no cost or low-cost submission options through a variety of channels.

Am I required to have a rate sheet listed in Enverus Open Invoice to submit invoices?

No, in most cases you can still submit invoices to Enverus Open Invoice without having a rate sheet in place.

What is the best way to submit invoices to Devon?

Devon's preferred way of invoice submission is electronically through Enverus Open Invoice (OI), an easy to use, web-based interface. Electronic invoicing reduces invoice cycle time by 4-8 days and provides the best channels for invoice correction and resubmission. All that is needed to use OI is a computer with internet access and possibly a scanner. To get on-ramped as an electronic supplier, you will first need to be awarded work by Devon. Once you have been awarded work and have questions about how to get set up in OI, please email

When can I expect payment?

Unless another payment term (i.e. discount payment term) has been set up for your company, payment will be made 45 days after your company's invoice has entered Devon's invoice workflow system. Please note that payment is not determined by the invoice date, service date or any other date on the invoice.

Who do I contact regarding the status of an unpaid invoice?

If the invoice was submitted through OI then you should review OI for your invoice status updates. For all other invoices, please call 405-228-4800. Be sure to provide your company name and invoice number you are requesting status for.

How do I get set up to be paid earlier?

Devon's standard payment terms are Net 45. If your company wishes to provide a discount in order to receive earlier payment, please fill out a Contact Us Form.

Do I need to send my insurance policy to Devon?

No. Please send a certificate of insurance via the instructions in your packet.

Can Devon upload my insurance certificate to Veriforce for me?

No. You or your agent must upload the certificate of insurance to your Veriforce account.

Where do I send my insurance certificate if I’m not subscribed to Veriforce?

You or your agent may fax it to 888-772-4108

, or mail it to:

Devon Energy Corporation
Attn: Insurance Management Group
333 W Sheridan Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

If I have no employees, what do I send for the Workers Compensation requirement?

Please complete the Worker Compensation Exemption Form and return to Devon via fax or mail.

If I live in a monopolistic state, what do I send for the Workers Compensation requirement?

Please send your state’s required form. (Ex: Wyoming Certificate of Good Standing)

How do I get a Wyoming Certificate of Good Standing?

You may call the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services, Employers Services at 307-777-6763

, or visit From the website’s home page, click the Employers Tab and choose Workers Compensation for a list of resources.

My insurance certificate was rejected in Veriforce. Can I get it approved in time to start an upcoming job?

Yes. Once you have resubmitted your corrected insurance certificate to Veriforce, please fill out a Contact Us Form requesting an expedited review of your insurance. Please include your company name and the anticipated start date.

How do I subscribe to Veriforce?

Please click here to subscribe.

What are the benefits of subscribing to Veriforce?

Please click here to view the benefits of subscribing to Veriforce.

How does a Ryder carrier check invoice payment status for items they submitted to Ryder on behalf of Devon?

Ryder has an online system that carriers can use to check specific invoices, statuses, and payments information. The URL for the website is Instructions for checking invoices can be downloaded here.

Are all types of transportation required to go through Ryder?

No. Currently OCTG and any equipment that can be moved on a truck are in Ryder's scope of service. Depending on the area, services such as Rig Mob and Demobilization, water movements (fresh, produced, flowback, etc.), solid movements (sand, soil farming, drill cuttings, etc.), Vacuum Truck Services, etc. may be under Ryder's scope of service. Contact with Devon Logistics should be made to determine whether a carrier should be contracted via Ryder or should be set up directly with Devon.