Devon Canada invests in charitable initiatives that help people, organizations and communities to grow and succeed. For this purpose, Devon Canada has developed three grant programs available to schools and community organizations to improve the communities where we live and work. Since their inception, Devon Canada's three grant programs have distributed over $850,000 into communities across western Canada.
Safe & Healthy Communities: September 11-October 13
Devon Canada's Safe & Healthy Communities grant is intended to focus on supporting community and non-profit organizations to help promote a safe and healthy lifestyle for individuals, youth and families.
The grant supports organizations designed to:
- Inspire youth to engage in activities before and after school that are healthy and promote wellness and education
- Allow more opportunities for communities to promote a safe and healthy lifestyle for individuals, youth and families
- Provide secure shelters and care for individuals that suffer from domestic abuse or homelessness
Grant Date: Winter 2018
The Investing in People grant is intended to reflect strong commitment to the development of people and our support for programs that create healthy and respectful workplaces. The grant encourages innovative projects and activities that help to build organizational, rather than individual capacity.
The grant supports initiatives such as:
- Organizational strategic planning
- Workforce planning
- Employee and volunteer training
- Team building and knowledge sharing activities
- Leadership development
Grant Date: Spring 2018
Devon's Science Giants grant program is designed to help educators provide strategic, inventive and hands-on science instruction to spark students' interest in the subject. Junior high and high schools that demonstrate innovative approaches to science education are eligible to apply for a grant up to $5,000.
The grant will provide equipment for their classroom to help implement innovative lesson plans and course curriculum. Applications are evaluated on idea originality, demonstrated vision to improve achievements in science and benefit to future students.