Devon Energy Corporation, either directly or through one of its affiliates or subsidiaries (collectively, “Devon"), from time to time, requests personal information from individuals with whom it conducts business, including, without limitation to, an individual's social security number and/or tax identification number (“Personal Information"). Devon is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of Personal Information.
How Personal Information is Protected and Who Has Access to Personal Information
How Personal Information is Disposed
Devon may share Personal Information that we collect with the following entities:
• Affiliates or subsidiary companies to Devon Energy Corporation
• Certain service providers (for example, data processing, contractor safety verification and printing companies) solely for the purpose of providing services to Devon
• Governmental agencies, other regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials (for example, for tax purposes or for reporting suspicious transactions)
• Other persons and organizations, with the consent of the individual providing the Personal Information
• Other persons and organizations, as permitted by law (for example, for fraud prevention, subpoena or litigation)
Without your consent, Devon will not make disclosures of Personal Information to other companies who may want to sell their products and services (for example, Devon does not sell customer lists and will not sell your name to a catalog company or telemarketer).
To Whom This Policy Applies